To date 1052 Catawba County home sales are reported in the MLS of Catawba Valley for 2012. Distressed sales, those that were foreclosures and or short sales, comprised 16.66% of the reported sales volume. Regular sales, those that were not foreclosure or short sales, comprised 83.34% of the reported sales volume. Here is break down of the data:
- 762 regular sales for a volume of $128,348,638 with an average price of $168,437
- 265 foreclosure sales for a volume of $22,697,859 with an average price of $85,652
- 25 short sale sales for a volume of $2,953,200 with an average price of $118,128
2012 Compared To 2011
- 2012′s 1052 homes sales was an increase of 12.75% over 2011′s 933
- 2012′s overall home sales volume of $153,999,670 was an increase of 16.94% over 2011′s $131,690,766
- The average price of a regular home sale remained about the same at $168,437 versus 2011′s $168,738
- Regular sales increased in percentage of market share volume by 6.09% to 83.34% from 2011′s 78.55%
- Foreclosure sales declined in percentage of market share volume by 21.51% to 14.74% from 2011′s 18.78%
- Short sale sales declined in percentage of market share volume by 28.35% to 1.92% from 2011′s 2.68%
Note About Terminology
Foreclosure as it is used in this context refers to properties that entered the market as bank or credit union owned, or owned by HUD, or owned by a government sponsored enterprise. In North Carolina a true foreclosure sale is an auction held at the courthouse in the county in which the property is located. No true foreclosure sales data is contained herein. Instead, the data analyzed pertains to the foreclosed upon property’s subsequent resale by the bank, HUD, etc..
Note About The Data & Analysis
The data is from the MLS of Catawba Valley as it was reported on February 6th, 2013. Data from the MLSCV is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. The analysis of the data is the opinion of the author and is not the opinion of the source from which it was derived. Consult your real estate professional for their own opinion before making any decision to buy or sell real estate. If you do not have real estate professional contact us.